- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license
- 1+ year experience as an I&E technician in the oil and gas industry
- Advanced level of technical knowledge and training to maintain instrument and electrical equipment
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings (i.e., P&ID’s, C&E’s)
- Experience with low and medium voltage circuits
- Ability and willingness to perform/comply with following:
- Willing and able to climb various ladders and stairs to perform maintenance on equipment. The ladders and stairs range up to 50 feet in height
- Willing and able to raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- Willing and able to walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- Willing and able to work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Willing to work alone a high percentage of the time
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Willingness to be on call
- Willing and able to work unscheduled overtime
- 5+ years experience as an I&E technician in the oil and gas industry
- Associate’s degree in Instrumentation & Electrical (I&E) or related degree field
- SCADA experience
- Telecom experience
- PLC programming experience
- Experience with Fisher ROC and Allen Bradley products, (i.e., PLC’s, HMI’s, drives, etc.)
- Proficient (ability to perform the skill with limited assistance) with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and SAP
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Extensive planning & organizational skills
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- Orientation toward continuous process improvement
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right.
- Actively communicates and takes time to safely perform work to protect our people and environment
- Demonstrated Safety Leadership
- Extensive knowledge of ConocoPhillips Health, Safety Environment (HSE) procedures
- Transmits information so it is received and understood in the way it was intended
- Manages tasks to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities of self and others
- Ability to prepare accurate and legible reports.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites dialogue to gain a shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve business results
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.