ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $75 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,600 employees as of Sept. 30, 2017. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,403 MBOED for the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2017, and proved reserves were 6.4 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2016.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
The Hadoop Administrator is accountable for managing Hadoop cluster environments, on bare-metal and container infrastructure, including service allocation and configuration for the cluster, capacity planning, performance tuning, and ongoing monitoring. As a lead administrator, this role will also manage day to day work of any onshore and offshore contractors on the Hadoop administration team. The position reports to the Director of Analytic Platforms and is located in Houston, TX.
Responsibilities may include:
- Deploying new and maintain existing Hadoop cluster environments
- Working closely with the various teams – data science, database, network, BI and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected
- Capacity planning of the Hadoop clusters
- Monitoring the cluster performance and ensure high uptime
- Managing and review Hadoop log files
- Performing backup and recovery tasks
- Responsible for resource and security management
- Working with IT Operations and Information Security Operations for monitoring and troubleshooting of incidents to maintain service levels
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology, or other related science or technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience in deploying and administering a large Hadoop cluster.
- 1+ years of experience administering a data warehouse and analytics infrastructure using YARN, Spark, Hive, and HBase
- Intermediate skill isolating and troubleshooting Hadoop service issues using a combination of system and Hadoop logs and monitoring/alerting systems
- Intermediate skill with Kerberos administration
- Intermediate operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks
- Experience with Hortonworks Data Platform(HDP)
- Experience with Hortonworks Data Flow (HDF)
- Delivery experience with any portion of the Hadoop ecosystem, particularly ETL or real-time use-cases involving Storm, Spark, Ni-Fi or Kafka
- Automation experience with Python, PowerShell or a similar technology
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Ansible a plus
- Experience with complex networking infrastructure including firewalls, VLANs, and load balancers
- Delivery experience with enterprise databases and/or data warehouse platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server or Teradata
- Experience as a DBA or Linux Admin
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.