ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $75 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,600 employees as of Sept. 30, 2017. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,403 MBOED for the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2017, and proved reserves were 6.4 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2016.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
Analyst for testing provides lead support for the Application Development Services (ADS) Testing Center of Excellence (TCOE) team’s applications used by our businesses globally.
Reporting to the Supervisor, this position is responsible for leading the support and maintenance of the TCOE’s testing applications which include HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), HP Unified Functional testing (UFT) and SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization (TAO). In addition, this position provides technical support and testing best practices for the TCOE teams testing services that is offered to all businesses and capital projects.
The position has responsibilities including the setup and administration of ALM projects for the businesses to use as testing repositories. Leading the effort to build out and maintain automated testing scripts using UFT and SAP TAO. Lead the SAP automated regression testing effort during the SAP FIT cycles. This position will work closely with businesses users, SAP team’s members to ensure the business needs are met when using the TCOE testing applications and services.
Responsibilities may include:
- Functioning as part of the application testing center of excellence (TCOE)
- Converting and developing automated application testing script scenarios using HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) and SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization (TAO) software tools
- Reviewing requirements, test scenarios and working with business functional analysts to develop and validate automated testing scripts
- Interfacing with Business Unit users and testers worldwide
- Providing support and assisting in troubleshooting for automated test scripts
- Adherence to corporate guidelines, standards, and best practices in the use and deployment of cross-application solutions
- Lead the effort for executing and maintaining the SAP TAO and UFT automated tests for the SAP FIT cycles and other projects
- Assist the TCOE team’s members when new challenges arise to help the businesses or projects best utilize our testing tools
- Provide technical support when problems with the testing tools arise on the projects the TCOE team is working on
- 3+ years of direct experience in the information technology field
- 1+ years of direct experience with software/application support and/or development
- 1+ years of experience with HP Application Lifecycle Management
- 1+ years of experience with application support
- Intermediate knowledge of HP ALM and the automation tools HP UFT and SAP TAO
- Intermediate VBScript programing skills to for building SAP TAO custom components and UFT scripts
- Intermediate SQL programs skills for building HP ALM reports and querying data out of the ALM database
- Advanced skills in HP ALM application and the automation tools HP UFT and SAP TAO.
- Experience with application testing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong programing skills with VBScript and SQL
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task in a team environment
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player and able to functionally lead a team
- Good understanding of a Testing Center of Excellence team
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.