ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $75 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,600 employees as of Sept. 30, 2017. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,403 MBOED for the nine months ended Sept. 30, 2017, and proved reserves were 6.4 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2016.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
Works with other members of the HSER team to develop and implement environmental compliance programs that contribute to sustainable development and maintaining a zero incident culture. As a team member or working independently, executes varied environmental-related tasks in support of client needs with little supervision. Has working knowledge of applicable Local, State and Federal environmental requirements.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensures compliance requirements of major applicable regulatory programs including NSPS Subpart Quad O, Subpart W, Subpart Quad J, Subpart Quad Z, RCRA, and SPCC are being met within their area,
- Gather, maintain and analyzing datasets, for the purposes of estimating emissions, release volumes, spill volumes, waste volumes and coordinate with supervision to develop tools that can be used to inform the workforce of emerging trends,
- Actively participate and contribute during environmental incident investigations and proactively implements learnings to prevent similar incidents,
- Collect and submit information for routine and complex regulatory permits, authorizations and reports and, in response to agency inquiries,
- Participate in the review, development and roll out of HSER MS procedures related to environmental issues,
- Become the experts in the use of tools and technology associated with air emissions management (i.e. FLIR camera, EPA electronic reporting tools, performance testing protocols/procedures, automation/metering and other data collection, sample collection and analytical methods).
- Participate in the HSER auditing process, whether it be preparing for an external /corporate audit or participating in an internal BU audit,
- Provide environmental expertise during emergency response activities, including agency notifications, initial response and remediation.
- Provide environmental training to ops. & engineering
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Environmental Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in air compliance and air permitting
- 5+ years of environmental consulting, industry or agency experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Science
- Excellent oral communication skills needed to interface with multiple clients
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to foster a zero incident culture
- Ability to network and gain cooperation from members of other workgroups
- Working knowledge of applicable Local, Federal and State environmental standards
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what’s right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites dialogue for shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve results
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of March 22, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.