Graduate Process Engineer
Job ID: 00QUI
Location: Perth, Western Australia
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $73 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,400 employees as of Dec. 31, 2017.
In Australia and Timor-Leste our exciting portfolio includes the Bayu-Undan gas-condensate field in the Timor Sea, Darwin LNG facility in the Northern Territory and Australia Pacific LNG facility in Queensland.
Employees across the globe focus on our core SPIRIT (Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork) values to define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
We have an amazing opportunity for a highly driven and enthusiastic Process Engineering graduate to join our Technical team.
You will be immersed in the day to day operations of our Operations Centre. You will take part in a structured graduate program, with opportunities to travel to our offices interstate and overseas, all this whilst working within an embracing and supportive environment.
Our global Accelerate Graduate Program incorporates intensive technical and professional development training, mentoring and rewarding work assignments across different areas of our business. There are also excellent opportunities for networking with ConocoPhillips professionals around the world through our global knowledge sharing networks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn about specific areas of expertise and business aspects managed by the Technical team
- Undertake visits to operating assets and assets under construction, working under the instruction of the relevant assigned ConocoPhillips employee, and completion of tasks as defined
- Complete specific technical work tasks and projects as defined in consultation with your supervisor
- Work as part of an integrated team to drive improvements in performance
Mandatory requirement to be successful in this role:
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in Chemical Engineering with a minimum Credit course weighted average of 65%
- Demonstrated willingness to learn, show initiative and generate ideas
- Willingness to be a team player
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Interstate and Global mobility required
Desirable requirements to be successful in this role:
- Basic knowledge of application and operation of Processing equipment commonly found in oil and gas processing facilities including centrifugal pumps, pressure vessel, heat exchangers and tanks
- Basic understanding of functional safety
- Basic understanding of process simulation
- Maintain a personal development plan with includes achieving Chartered Engineering status when ready.
- Actively engages and participates in technical networks to enhance, share, and leverage knowledge and skills
How do I apply?
Please apply online below by uploading your CV, your full academic transcript(s) and a cover letter. Your cover letter should address the following questions;
- Why do you want to work for ConocoPhillips?
- “SPIRIT” (Safety, People, Integrity, Responsibility, Innovation and Teamwork) are the values that underpin everything we do. Provide two examples of where you have had to demonstrate your commitment to any of these values.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
Applications Close by 23 May 2018