Operations Technician – E&I
Job ID: 00RK2
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,216 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
In Australia and Timor-Leste our exciting portfolio includes the Bayu-Undan gas-condensate field in the Timor Sea, the Darwin LNG facility in the Northern Territory, and the Australia Pacific LNG facility in Queensland,. We also have exploration and appraisal projects off northern Australia including the Greater Poseidon and Caldita-Barossa.
Discovered in 1995, the Bayu-Undan field plays a vital role in ConocoPhillips’ Australian operations. Bayu-Undan is a gas-condensate field located offshore in the Timor Sea within the Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA).
The field is 250 kilometres south west of Suai in Timor-Leste and 500 kilometres north west of the Northern Territory in Australia. ConocoPhillips operates the field on behalf of co-ventures Santos, Inpex, ENI, Tokyo Timor Sea Resources, a consortium of Tokyo Gas and JERA (a Joint Venture between Tokyo Electric and Chibu Electric).
Reporting to the FSO Operations Supervisor, the Operations Technician is accountable for the safe, efficient operation and maintenance of the plant and equipment on the Bayu-Undan facilities within the guidelines of the facility management systems and in accordance with the HSE and Operating Policies and Procedures.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures teamwork, and the Bayu-Undan values and culture, are promoted and supported by being team players in and outside the immediate Operations areas.
- Contributes to the achievement of exceeding facility and shift safety and environmental objectives by working within the guidelines of safe operating and housekeeping practices and procedures. Plays an active role in Emergency Response as trained for and assigned to.
- Ensures that the quality, cost and production targets are fully met for the asset by monitoring, sampling and testing the process streams during the course of the shift.
- Ensures plant integrity of the asset by monitoring activities and equipment during the course of the shift and ensuring the plant is operated within the specified limits.
- Ensures the plant is operated at maximum efficiency at all times by maintaining and controlling plant and consumables within the laid down guidelines.
- Ensures skills and knowledge are maintained at the highest level by successfully completing the On Job Training and re-certification programs, and assisting in the training of others.
- Ensures the plant is effectively maintained to achieve optimum continuous performance by completing maintenance tasks within the skill envelope that is considered to be safe, efficient, logical and legal.
- Ensures active participation in the on and off shift continuous improvement initiatives. Ensures the knowledge base is continuously improved by reviewing and updating operating and maintenance procedures as necessary.
- Ensures excellent shift interaction and good working relationships with other areas, support services and external assistance by actively contributing to an effective communication process.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following experience and qualifications:
- Trade certificate or equivalent desired certified competencies.
- Completed Year 10 or above in the Australian education system or equivalent in any other recognised system.
- A minimum of five years in an operations or maintenance role in the oil and gas production / processing industry or significant and relevant experience in a related heavy / complex processing industry.
- Experience or knowledge of the use of DCS and ESD systems.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s and PFD’s.
- A good understanding of the Microsoft suite of office applications.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- Experience with the use of a computerised maintenance management system.
- Certificate II to IV in Process Plant Technology preferred
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of November 25, 2018.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity Employer.