ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,216 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
The Data Analyst position supports and grows L48 data sets and ETL processes; primarily Teradata environment based and a strong focus the L48DW and FDM data bases as well as TAS (SAP) datasets. The goal is to provide quality data to the business in an efficient manner so that critical decisions can be made effectively and efficiently to enable outstanding results for the company.
- Ensures that solutions are sustainable and align with the L48 Data Management Strategy
- Interfacing with L48 IO and Functional groups to ensure appropriate prioritization of project work and get feedback on existing solutions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving data (quality) issues
- Making enhancements to existing tables and views; adding columns, new calculations, changing data structures (in collaboration with the team’s data/solution architects)
- Creating new tables and views, as needed for business users by understanding the business process end-to-end (in collaboration with the team’s data/solution architects)
- Creating and supporting end-user Spotfire reports as needed
- Consulting: provide guidance on integrating Teradata data sets, i.e. “best practices”
- Other L48 Data Management responsibilities including support duties of L48 data management efforts (on an as needed basis)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, or related technical discipline
- 1+ years of experience in the upstream oil and gas industry and with related terminology
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Basic knowledge of Spotfire
- Basic exposure to data management concepts and practices
- 1+ years of SQL experience, with capacity to learn and grow
- 1+ years of Spotfire experience, with capacity to learn and grow
- 1+ years of experience in data management concepts and practices
- Embraces ConocoPhillips SPIRIT values including Safety-First culture
- Teradata experience
- Oracle experience
- Informatica experience
- Strong communication skills
- Able to thrive in a team environment
- Knowledge of ConocoPhillips and L48 data management standards, processes and technologies
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of November 19, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.