ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $73 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,400 employees as of Dec. 31, 2017. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,356 MBOED in 2017, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
ConocoPhillips Alaska and its heritage companies have more than 50 years of business history in Alaska. As Alaska’s largest oil and gas producer, the company produced an average 182 thousand barrels of oil in 2017. ConocoPhillips, with about 1,100 Alaska employees, holds major ownership interests in the Prudhoe Bay Unit, the Kuparuk River Unit, and the Colville River Unit (Alpine). ConocoPhillips operates the Kuparuk and Alpine oil fields on the North Slope. The company has an ownership interest in the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS) and owns/operates the Polar Tankers fleet.
The Alpine oil field is a major upstream asset on the North Slope of Alaska that produces 70,000 BOPD, and processes 180 MMSCFD and 140 MBPD of Injection Water. Alpine is currently executing a multi-year development plan, including expansion activities at the only commercial drillsite developments in the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska (NPRA) at CD5 (2015 startup) and GMT1 (2018 startup). An additional NPRA drillsite in the Greater Moose’s Tooth Unit (GMT2) is in development and expected to be online in 2021. Additional funded growth projects include developmental drilling with a new built Extended Reach Drilling (ERD) rig arriving in 2020 and a substantial plant expansion in 2020. ConocoPhillips also executes an active exploration program in the Western North Slope.
ConocoPhillips Alaska is recruiting for an operator position at our Alpine operations. The Alpine team is seeking motivated individuals that possess leadership skills and function well in a team environment. The position will be remotely based working a 14 day on/14 day off rotation schedule at a self-contained camp that houses 400- 600 persons.
The position operates the Alpine production facilities and drill sites and various equipment in the field including: wells, oil separation train, gas treating and compression, water injection pumps, miscible injection pumps, and pipeline facilities. This position is covered by a DOT and corporate drug-testing program. The position requires becoming competent in operating all areas of the Alpine plant including Board qualification.
Responsibilities may include:
- Operating the Alpine production facilities and drillsites in a safe, economic and environmentally sound manner
- Achieving and maintaining qualifications in operating all areas including the facility control room board
- Participation in all field safety processes to achieve a zero-incident operating culture
- Seeking and implementing opportunities to reduce area costs and optimize performance
- Preparing and safe out of equipment for maintenance operations
- Participating in facility/drill site modifications and special projects
- Troubleshooting technical problems and safety issues
- Performing minor maintenance and assisting maintenance technicians
- Understanding and applying safety and environmental standards and actively insuring compliance in area of responsibility
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 5+ years of operations experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Willing and able to safely perform physical labor including climbing ladders/stairs, walking, standing, stooping, sitting, and carrying material daily
- Willing and able to comply with all aspects of the ConocoPhillips Alaska respiratory protection policy
- Detailed knowledge of upstream production operations including oil separation & processing, gas compression, waterflood injection, enhanced oil recovery, power generation and utilities, chemical injection, drillsites, and well operations
- Experience operating using Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and/or Distributive Control System (DCS)
- North Slope/Arctic operating experience
- Experience in a leadership role such as lead operator, startup or project experience, step-up foreman
- Associate degree or higher in process technology or other technical discipline
- Demonstrated support of employee guided safety processes and/or emergency services teams
- History of achievements of increasing responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience with reading and comprehending P&ID’s (Piping & Instrument Diagrams)
- Basic computer skills, word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Experience with a maintenance management system such as SAP
- Ability to thrive in a small team environment working solutions across company boundaries, embracing change and continuous improvement processes
- Actively communicates and takes time to safely perform work to protect people and the environment
- Consistently demonstrates high integrity, behaves ethically, and follows through on commitments
- Builds positive relationships across organizations that foster a strong work environment
- Manages tasks to effectively and efficiently complete work responsibilities of self and others
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of November 27, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.