Linux/AIX Analyst – Unix/Linux Server Operations
Job ID: 00RLW
Category: Information Management-Information Technology
Location: Bartlesville, OK
ConocoPhillips is the world’s largest independent E&P company based on production and proved reserves. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, ConocoPhillips had operations and activities in 17 countries, $69 billion of total assets, and approximately 11,200 employees as of June 30, 2018. Production excluding Libya averaged 1,216 MBOED for the six months ended June 30, 2018, and proved reserves were 5.0 billion BOE as of Dec. 31, 2017.
Employees across the globe focus on fulfilling our core SPIRIT Values of safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation and teamwork. And we apply the characteristics that define leadership excellence in how we engage each other, collaborate with our teams, and drive the business.
The IT Linux/AIX Analyst will work with the Global Linux/Unix server team to maintain a reliable server operation. Duties will include performing maintenance on Linux/AIX servers and making sure OS patching and upgrade levels are accomplished. They will ensure proper security protocols and guidelines are followed and will maintain a secure robust environment. Also, they will work with end users or staff to achieve common goals while providing system analysis/troubleshooting and will work with application/database teams to help provide solutions to issues. This individual must be able to provide a broad range of competencies to develop solutions to complex problems.
- IT Enterprise Linux/Unix Supervisor
- IT Storage analysts
- IT Data Center analysts
- IT Cloud/Virtual analysts
- IT Network analysts
- Database analysts
- Business Teams and Stakeholders
Responsibilities may include:
- Linux/AIX Global Server Accountable Activities
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers using the Red Hat, Oracle, or Suse Linux and AIX operating systems.
- Configure both physical and virtual servers to meet project and customer requirements based on internally developed processes using global standards
- Provide key technical data including, but not limited to, capacity planning, implementation, configuration, and usage reporting
- Security compliance and management
- Linux/AIX OS upgrades and patch management
- Performing Linux/Unix OS server strategy
- Configuration, implementation, and decommissioning
- Change Management
- Troubleshooting and break-fix
- Establish, evaluate, and maintain Linux/Unix hardware strategy
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Monitoring log files, performance issues, and the production environment for mission critical systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation for UNIX/Linux support issues.
- Scope of the Role will include:
- Ensuring global standards are met.
- Communication and collaboration with the global team.
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change by encouraging innovative thinking and continuous improvement. Models adaptability by responding resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges and demands
- Listens actively and invites dialogue to gain a shared understanding, then influences and acts to drive performance and achieve business results
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 3+ years of experience with supporting a Linux OS and AIX OS
- Intermediate knowledge of Red Hat, Oracle, or Suse Linux and AIX.
- Intermediate experience with working in a datacenter environment
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Willing and able to travel 10% or more
- English Language competence, both written and spoken
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology or other related technical discipline
- Detailed knowledge of Bash and Korn shell scripting
- Knowledge and experience with puppet, RedHat Satellite, and SpaceWalk
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills for interacting with staff and customers
- Proven ability to deliver commitments on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work through complex issues and problems to reach a solution
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable, and standing up for what is right
- Delivers results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of November 21, 2018.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a) (1). Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, L, M, NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.