As a Land GIS Analyst Intern, you will be assigned to an asset team within a business unit and will be exposed to and responsible for many phases of land work. You will be assigned tasks and projects allowing you to assist land asset teams in creation and generation of GIS spatial elements and land maps. Responsibilities may include maintaining and manipulating land spatial databases, creation and use of mapping standards, research and analysis of GIS data, and capturing and displaying appropriate 3rd party data.
The work will develop you technically and professionally. A Land GIS Analyst employee within the Land organization will be assigned to you as a mentor. You will also be assigned a “buddy” to assist your transition into ConocoPhillips' corporate environment.
Assignments will be in person only typically at our sites located in Houston, Texas or Midland, Texas. Typical length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.
Responsibilities may include:
- Complete project or projects targeted to experience level, working with mentor and other land staff and presenting the results to Lower 48 Land Management
- Generate, revise and update maps to assist Land efforts using ArcMap and WebMap mapping tools
- Incorporate 3rd party data, as needed, into company owned databases for mapping purposes
- Manipulate and refine spatial databases for Land analysis
- Participate in the Land Mapping Users Group
- Research data issues and resolve inquires for mapping and information requests
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 17 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee and will not need sponsorship now or in the future
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Geography, Geographic Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field or foreign equivalent
- Current level in college: Freshman through Senior
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2022 through Spring/Fall 2025
- A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks availability for internship
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Petroleum Land GIS Mapping experience
- Experience with ESRI based products and land mapping tools
- Experience with any of the following Land Systems and Software: Quorum, Business Objects, FME, Spotfire, DrillingInfo, and Enerdeq
- Working knowledge of Oil & Gas leases and Exploration & Production agreements along with their associated provisions
- Ability to invite dialogue to gain a shared understanding and influences with confidence to drive performance and achieve business results
- Demonstrates an understanding of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by fearlessly dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2021. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of December 3, 2021.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F (F1-Academic Student), G, H (H1-B), I, J, L, M (M1-Vocational Student), NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.