The ConocoPhillips Accounting & Finance summer internship program includes an opportunity for those seeking a Masters in (or emphasis in) taxation to experience a summer working in a sophisticated and exciting corporate tax environment. We offer an exciting job assignment, plus orientation, teambuilding and community service activities, weekly seminars, and opportunities to interact with upper management. Your supervisor will provide periodic performance appraisals along with coaching and guidance throughout your internship, as will the mentors you will be assigned. Near the end of your internship, you will be asked to give a presentation to local management about your work assignment, as well as what you learned from the internship program.
Internships will be in person only for our site located in Bartlesville, Oklahoma where, we have opportunities that will provide insight into roles across the tax function such as income tax reporting requirements, research of the U.S. income tax technical authority, analysis of information used to comply with ASC 740, or assistance in preparing responses to IRS inquiries.
Typical length of our internships varies from 10 to 14 weeks based on the project and your availability.
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proved reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 17 countries, we explore for, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee and will not need sponsorship now or in the future
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting with an emphasis in Taxation or Finance (with 3+ hours of Accounting) or foreign equivalent
- Current level in college: Junior through Senior or Graduate Student
- Expected graduation date: Fall 2022 through Spring/Fall 2024
- A minimum of ten (10) continuous weeks availability for internship
- Pursuing a Master’s in Accounting with an emphasis in Taxation or a Master’s in Taxation (with 3+ hours of Accounting) or foreign equivalent
- A minimum cumulative and major GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Develops strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals
- Demonstrates taking ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Demonstrates an understanding of how key financial and quantitative indicators impact the business
ConocoPhillips will conduct interviews at many universities in the U.S. during the Fall of 2021. Please check with your university career services to find out if and when we will be visiting your campus. If ConocoPhillips is interviewing on your campus, you must register with your career service office and complete your online application prior to the university deadlines to be considered for these interviews. If we are not making a visit to your campus and you are selected for an interview, our recruiters will contact you directly to schedule the interview.
To be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions, attaching your resume with transcripts, and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 31, 2021.
Candidates for this U.S. position must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee or asylee. Individuals with temporary visas such as A, B, C, D, E, F (F1-Academic Student), G, H (H1-B), I, J, L, M (M1-Vocational Student), NATO, O, P, Q, R or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization in the United States now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
ConocoPhillips is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.